Focus: Why is Sophocles' Oedipus Rex considered the root of all literary tragedies?
1. Warming up with happy Monday journaling and a few thoughts from your sheets of 26 questions
2. Perusing each other's reading tickets, musical chairs style
3. Engaging in a lively and revealing Socratic seminar on Oedipus Rex
4. Wrapping up the discussion (final 10 minutes)
1. Bring Oedipus Rex back to class tomorrow so that you can work on composing your first and second posts in class. If you own a laptop, please bring it to class tomorrow and Wednesday. I promise this will all make sense tomorrow.
2. For WEDNESDAY, please bring in any college essay prompts that you will be tackling this year (or perhaps next year if you're a junior). Click HERE for the 2014-15 Common Application prompts.
3. If you are purchasing your own copy of East of Eden, please bring that to class starting Friday.