1. Returning your summer reading assignments
2. Discussing the college essay and experimenting with two Oedipus-related prompts
3. Exploring the "College Essay" page on my website; tackling how to start by reading together the openings paragraphs of a few sample college essays
1. Bring your laptop and Oedipus to class tomorrow.
2. Continue working on your college essay; due Friday, September 19.; feel free to conference with me on your drafts as often as you need to.
3. For Thursday: Please reread the second half of Oedipus Rex and compose a reading ticket in which you do the following:
- Pick any three characters from the play (the chorus and the choragus count as a characters, too).
- Select one or two lines delivered by each of these characters in the second half of the play that reveal something significant.
- Explain what these lines reveal both about their speakers and about the play's larger patterns and themes. These analyses can be in the form of statements, questions, or both.