1. Warming up with some "big picture" blogging on Invisible Man
2. Engaging in a little Q&A about the AP exam
- In section one, how many multiple choice questions are there?
- How much time do we have to answer them?
- How many passages can we expect to read in the multiple choice section?
- Are the passages mostly poems or mostly prose?
- Are the passages mostly modern or mostly traditional?
- Should we try to answer every single question?
- What percentage of our AP score is the multiple choice section worth?
- About how much money is spent on creating the average multiple choice question?
- How many essays do we write in the second section of the test?
- How much time do we have to write these essays?
- Do I have to write the essays in order?
- For the open prompt, do I have to pick a book from the list?
- Who grades the AP tests?
3. Taking a look at the essays (called "free responses") from the past three years and discussing strategies
1. Poetry project presentations begin tomorrow.
2. Keep turning those poetry essays!