1. Warming up with happy Monday thoughts!
2. Helping the narrator break open the Sambo bank
Revisit pages 319-321, and draw this scene, identifying as many symbolic elements as you can. Strive to make connections back to the elements we've been charting since Chapter 1.
Revisit pages 327-330. As he tries to throw the broken bank away, look closely at his interactions with other black people.
- What stereotypes are revealed here? How does this fit a larger pattern?
- What does it mean that he can't get rid of these pieces?
3. Enjoying a rousing Socratic Seminar on Invisible Man, Chapters 17-20
4. Wrapping up
1. Please read through Chapter 23 for Wednesday and through the end of the novel for our final Socratic seminar on Friday. Reading ticket possibilities:
- 10 good questions/inferences
- A mini metacognitive on an important little paragraph
- Charting out patterns established in Chapter 1
- Drawing a significant scene and identifying/explaining briefly at least five symbolic elements in that scene