Focus: How can improve our prose timed writing skills?
1. Warming up a few rounds of Save the Last Line for Chapters 21-23 of Invisible Man
Round One: Most significant image from Chapter 21
Round Two: Most important sentence from Chapter 22
Round Three: Most pressing question from Chapter 23
2. Exploring the official 2003 rubric for "The Other Paris" and a few samples (PPP vs. DDD)
3. Circling the wagon to hear one of your essays and to offer feedback
1. Please finish Invisible Man for our final, all-out Socratic Seminar on Monday, December 8. Reading ticket of your choice (just make it good and come ready to talk).
2. If you are writing a poetry essay, bring your laptop to class tomorrow. If you're doing a project, bring any materials that you might want to work with.
Projects are due Thursday, December 11.
Essays have a rolling deadline; the earlier you turn it in, the earlier it will be graded. The final deadline for these is the last day of class, December 15.
3. If you have any missing work, or you'd like to revise your independent literary essay, please do so by Monday, Dec 15 (the last day of class).
4. Our final exam will take place on December 16, 10:30 am to 2:00. If you have a conflict that cannot be resolved, please see me immediately.