1. Warming up with a brief film clip echoing Alex and Joe's performance
- What aspects of human existence does this performance accentuate?
- How is Lucky "lucky"? In other words, how is his suffering less than that of Didi and Gogo?
- To what extent is his name ironic? Or, how is he suffering more than Didi and Gogo are?
- What might the rope around his neck symbolize?
From shmoop: "At least Lucky can see the rope around his neck. Vladimir and Estragon can’t."
3. Reading the rest of Act 1 in Waiting for Godot
- Viewing a performance of Lucky's speech
1. Continue working on your culminating essay prompt and booklist; let me know anytime you'd like feedback. Outline due Friday.