1. Warming up with "I Am Waiting"
- MMM approach: What strikes you about this poem?
- What does it mean to wait? Does it make you powerful? Vulnerable? Hopeless? Hopeful?
- What are you waiting for?
2. Building a little background knowledge on the Theatre of the Absurd and Absurdist protagonists
3. Starting to act out Waiting for Godot with focus questions
Continue to build ideas for your culminating essay; start gathering old books, looking through your childhood stuff, reworking your prompt, etc. I will start giving you feedback on your prompts and booklists this afternoon.