A. Warming up: Viewing a performance of Lucky's speech and exploring what happens to the speech when you eliminate the "blah blah blah's" and "qua qua qua's"
Find three parts of Lucky's speech and try to connect them to other lines/stage directions in Act 1.
- What patterns does Lucky's speech share with the rest of the play so far?
- What metaphorical luggage is Lucky carrying for everyone in this play?
- Why have outsiders (Pozzo, Lucky, and the Boy) enter the scene? What purpose do they serve?
III. Wrapping up
1. Continue working on your culminating essay prompt and booklist; let me know anytime you'd like feedback. Outline due Friday.
2. A heads-up: On Monday, we will have a Socratic seminar on Waiting for Godot.