Monday, March 2, 2015

A.P. Lit Is Book Clubbing: March 2, 2015

Focus: How can Vonnegut help us understand our book club books (even the ones not written by Vonnegut)?

Please turn in your poetry responses and help yourself to a new packet!

1. Warming up with a little Vonnegut:
2. Enjoying intellectual discussions: Book Clubs, Day 3

3. Assessing your own Socratic value thus far:

8/9: I was completely prepared and brought my book club to new heights. I could not have done much better, and I helped my book club understand parts of my book that they may not have otherwise considered.

6/7: I was prepared each day and contributed thoughtfully to our discussions.

5: I wasn't quite as prepared as I should have been, but I did contribute once or twice.

3/4: I was a distraction to my book club.  They would have been better off without me.

1/2: I insulted members of my book club, alienated myself, and was a general disgrace to the English language. My book club made me sit in the corner.

NP: I was a non participant, either because of absence or extenuating circumstances.

HW:
1. Assigned book club reading for Wednesday.

2. Complete your next poetry response for Monday.


3. Work on your poetry essay and projects, which are due in one week; project proposals due Wednesday at the latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment