Focus: What does a close reading look like in this class?
1. Warming up with a physically close reading of the first page of The Lowland
2. Trying out a focused Tuesday writing (30 minutes)
a. Annotate the poem by marking significant images and jotting down in the margins what they might reveal.
c. Compose a thesis that responds to the prompt.
d. Write ONE strong body paragraph that uses imagery to respond to the prompt.
1. Please bring East of Eden to class tomorrow; complete your first reading assignment by Friday (follow the reading schedule).
2. Continue working on college essay, due Sep 19 (come conference with me!).
3. Your big question post on Oedipus should be done by today.