Focus: What dualities (tensions between opposing forces) does Steinbeck set up in the first chapters of East of Eden?
1. Warming up: Sharing aloud your favorite descriptions of...
2. Samuel Hamilton
3. Liza Hamilton
4. Adam Trask
5. Cyrus Trask
6. Alice Trask
7. Charles Trask
As you listen, what dualities are you starting to notice?
2. Socratic seminar: East of Eden, Introduction and Chapters 1-3
Click HERE for the story of Cain and Abel.
3. Wrapping up
1. Follow the reading schedule for East of Eden (Chapters 4, 5, 6 and 7).
2. For Monday's reading ticket, please try out one of the Reading Ticket Possibilities linked HERE (also found on the Socratic Seminar page of my website) to think through Chapters 4-7.
2. College essays are due September 19. That's in exactly two weeks, in case you're counting.