Focus: What's at the heart of East of Eden?
1. Warming up with a snack! It's snack day!
2. Exploring the first little note together
3. Freewriting on and discussing a few thought-provoking questions to get you ready for East of Eden
4. Relaxing into the first pages
1. Please bring East of Eden to class on Friday; complete your first reading assignment by Friday (follow the reading schedule). For your reading ticket, consider one or more of the questions you brainstormed on today. Please type half a page to a full page on how Steinbeck would respond to one of those questions based on the first three chapters of the novel.
2. Continue working on college essay, due Sep 19 (come conference with me!).