Focus: How are things evolving (or devolving) in East of Eden so far?
1. Warming up with happy Monday journaling: One immediate thing to look forward to, one far off thing to look forward to
2. Giving your reading tickets the attention they deserve
2. Socratic Seminar: Chapters 10-15 of East of Eden
3. Wrapping up
1. Tomorrow we will have Tuesday writing. Please have your extended metaphor poetry packets in class with you.
2. Follow the East of Eden reading schedule: Read through the end of Part 2. For your reading ticket, please type half a page (double spaced) in response to the following question: Consider how the novel is structured so far. What important difference do you notice between Part 1 and Part 2? In other words, what has shifted, how has it shifted, and why is this important? Any predictions for Part 3?
3. College essays due this Friday. Please bring your draft to class on Wednesday for a 20-30 minute workshop.