1. Warming up: Dancing with the Victorians and sporting with the Victorians
What inferences can you make about Victorian life based on this clip?
Just for fun...a modern remake of Emma.
a. If you have not studied a Victorian novel in an English class, I strongly recommend that you take this opportunity to read one.
- Click here for a list of Victorian novels.
b. If you have studied a Victorian novel in an English class (for example, you read Pride and Prejudice in A.P. Language), I recommend that you select one of the books referenced in Open Response Question #3.
- Click here for a list of every novel and play referenced in Open Response Question #3.
2. Offering you an overview of the independent literary essay
3. Taking time to listen to a few passages, browse books and fill out your proposals
4. If time allows, giving you a little East of Eden reading time
1. Follow the East of Eden reading schedule (Chapters 27 through 30 for Wednesday); select one of the reading ticket options from the Socratic webpage.
2. Complete your independent reading proposal by Friday.