1. Using your artistic skills to unravel a few symbolic scenes from Invisible Man's early chapters
- Battle Royal (22-26)
- The road from the college to Trueblood's cabin (34-37)
- The narrator driving around Mr. Norton (37-40, and top of 44)
- Reviving Mr. Norton at the Golden Day (79-81)
- Supercargo takes charge (82-85)
2. Enjoying a Socratic seminar on Invisible Man, Chapters 3-6
3. Wrapping up
1. Read Chapters 7, 8, and 9; please pick one image/scene that has symbolic purpose to it. Type the passage, illustrate it, and label what the different pieces of your illustration symbolize (just as we did in class today). You will be given 30 minutes of reading time on Monday to read Chapter 10.
2. By next Wednesday, compose a list of about five poems that intrigue you and seem worthy of intensive study. Time period does not matter, but difficulty does.