1. Happy Monday journaling
2. Warming up with fire...kind of literally
Take a look at Lee's commentary on fire (598). Put it into your own words and consider whether or not you agree with him.
Revisit the three scenes in recent reading in which a character sets something on fire:
- Sheriff Quinn's burning of explicit photos (558)
- Cal's burning of the money (565-6)
- Abra's burning of Aron's letters (578, 583)
In each scene, what does the fire release? What does it destroy?
Why is destruction by fire (vs. a different method of destruction) appropriate to these particular objects?
What do these objects have in common?
3. Enjoying our final Socratic seminar on East of Eden
4. Wrapping up
1. Set a specific reading schedule for your independent reading book and record the page/chapter numbers directly into your student calendar. You need to finish by Monday, October 27.
2. Bring your laptops an East of Eden to class tomorrow.
3. Your Tuesday writing on East of Eden will actually take place on Wednesday; you will have some class time on Tuesday to finish your big question blog on East of Eden.