Focus: How do we find the balance between summary, specific examples, and analysis when responding to Open Response #3?
1. Warming up: Giving you some important information about parent-teacher conferences (click HERE for a copy of the letter distributed in class)
2. Looking over the rubric together
3. Exploring the strengths and weakness of a few of your essays
4. Editing each other's essays
Round 1: Thesis and topic sentences
Round 2: Supporting examples
Round 3: Summary vs. analysis
Round 4: Style
1. Please give the parent-teacher conference letter to your parents/guardians.
2. Independent reading (books must be finished by October 27)
3. If you have a school copy of East of Eden, please turn it in today or tomorrow (unless you're still finishing your big question blog).