Focus: So...how do we know when it's satire?
Please turn in your poetry responses; also, if you have a hard copy of your critical review proposal, turn it in. If not, make share it's Google shared with me.
1. Warming up with happy Monday Boom cards
2. A brief unraveling of the inner workings of your mind: How did you get the right answers?
3. A longer unraveling of the inner workings of satire
a. Looking to SNL's Weekend Update for ideas on the elements of satire
b. Applying SNL's tactics to the satirical passage in your MC; speed dating to figure out the answers
1. Please reread the Chapter "If It's Square, It's a Sonnet" in Foster's How To Read Literature Like a Professor (I believe it's Chapter 4). Bullet point five things you learned from this chapter that might help you understand the sonnets in your future. You can write these either in the book or in your composition notebook. Bring your book and your five bullet pointed items to class tomorrow.
2. If you plan to purchase your own copy of Beloved, please do so by Wednesday.
3. Purchase your critical review book and start reading it right away. You only have about three weeks to read it; focus simply on what works and what doesn't work for you as you read it.