Please turn in your poetry responses.
1. Warming up with happy Monday thoughts
2. Offering you a way to approach "magical realism"
Try making a three-columned chart:
a. List some of the magical elements of Beloved, particularly from the recent chapters in the left column.
b. List some examples of harsh reality in Beloved in the middle column.
c. How does the combination of these two columns create a deeper understanding of characters, events, symbols, themes, etc. in Beloved? Brainstorm this in the right column.
3. Discussing Chapters 9-12 in Beloved in small groups via "Save the Last Line"
- Chapter 9: Quotable quotes
- Chapter 10: Pressing questions
- Chapter 11: It's a symbol, right?
- Chapter 12: Wildcard
4. Wrapping up
1. Read Chapters 13, 14, and 15 for Wednesday; please continue adding to your Google doc of words and phrases. The more, the better (I'd say at least fifteen total will do the trick). Make sure it's shared with me.
2. Keep making your way through your critical review book.