1. Warming up with acing the MC on the sonnet (now that you kind of understand it)
2. Giving back your Invisible Man essays and briefly recapping them
3. Calculating your actual exam score and interpreting the score distributions
4. Barcoding your Beloved books, penciling in chapters, and looking over the reading schedule
5. Entering the haunted world of Beloved, gathering tensions and asking questions along the way
1. Finish reading Chapter 1 and 2 in Beloved for Friday. For your first reading ticket, try to complete ALL of the following six tasks:
- Find a passage that confuses you. Ask a question about it.
- Find a passage about setting that seems significant. Ask a question or make an inference about it.
- Find a possible symbol. Ask a question or make an inference about it.
- Find a character who intrigues you. Ask a question about him or her.
- Find a passage that disturbs you. Ask a question about it.
- Find a passage that you think is lovely. As a question or make an inference about it.
2. Read your critical review book. Aim to finish by the end of January.
3. Next poetry response due Monday.