1. Warming up with happy Monday thoughts...Boom cards, anyone?
2. Exploring Bloom's pyramid of cognition and applying it to a published review of Beloved
3. Discovering the Critical Review page on Ms. Leclaire's website
a. Reading Sample #1 for style: What words and phrases show evaluation?
b. Reading Sample #2 for structure: What is the purpose of each paragraph?
4. Trying it out your evaluative cognition and style by creating a positive and negative review of a class
1. Calling all critical review books! Time to finish up those bad boys so that you have time to write your essay, which is due February 9 (that's two weeks from now).
2. For Wednesday, finish Chapter 1 in Part 2. For your reading ticket, you can choose from the following:
a. A found poem using words and phrases from the chapter; please include a short paragraph explaining what larger ideas you were exploring through creating this poem.
b. A character analysis; draw in specific passages from the chapter to support your thoughts.
c. A short metacognitive on an important paragraph or page from the reading.