Focus: What and how do the characters in Beloved escape? What do they fail to escape?
1. Warming up with Ms. Kershaw and some helpful information about the A.P. Literature test
2. Getting into a Socratic mindset with a little musical chairs
3. Enjoying a Socratic seminar on Beloved, Part 2
1. Please come in tomorrow with an electronic copy of the poem you'd like to focus on for your project or paper; if you have it narrowed to two or three, I can help you at the very beginning of class. If you prefer working from a hard copy, please print it before class.
2. For Friday, please read the first chapter of Beloved, Part 3; for your reading ticket, please type half a page to a page (double-spaced) in response to one or more of the following questions:
a. What is devolving/disintegrating in Part 3?
b. What is revisited/revised/revolving/returned to in Part 3?
c. What is unaccounted for/unexplained/untouched in Part 3?
d. What is evolving/progressing/changing for the better in Part 3?
Please bring at least two specific passages or page numbers into your response.