Focus: How do we turn our metacognitives into papers and projects?
1. Warming up by putting your poem to the test: SOAPSTONE
a. Trying out SOAPSTONE with prisoner's poem of the week: "Southern Cop"
b. Using SOAPSTONE to explicate your paper/project poem
2. Offering a few words of advice to the poetry essay people (see website for overview and samples)
3. Explaining the project proposal and rubric
4. Working and conferencing on papers and projects
1. Papers and projects are due Monday, March ?
Project people: Proposals and rubrics due Wednesday, March 4
2. Assigned book club reading/syllabus for Friday.
3. Poetry responses due Monday.