1. Sculpting clay into symbols for each character and seeing what happens when they play together
2. Sculpting your thinking via Socratic seminar: Part 3, Chapter 1
3. Debriefing by finishing the following statements:
Paul D is the central character in Beloved because he...
Denver is the central character in Beloved because she...
The character Beloved represents _____________________ on a personal level but ________________ on a larger, social level.
As Americans, we all live in 124 because...
The most important symbol in Beloved is the _________________ because ________________.
Morrison suggests that memory can be _________________ but also ________________.
Morrison implies that in order to move forward, we must first _________________ because __________________.
1. Please finish Beloved for our final Socratic on TUESDAY. For your final reading ticket, please take one of the statements above, find three passages from Part 3 that relate to it, and briefly explain how each quotation supports and complicates the statement.
2. Our big timed writing will be on Wednesday next week. Next week will be a little weird; I will be gone on Wednesday because Sam is having a procedure.
3. Complete your poetry response (two weeks in the making) for Tuesday, please.